Sunday, April 6, 2008

Man mohana

Here's an ADDICTIVE song from a recent movie I watched. It was sung by Bela Shinde, who is 18 years old, and has won a singing competetion on a TV show. I LOVED the voice, the singular tone that was flowing with mellifluousness.
The music, composed by A.R.Rehman was awesome, and the lyrics by Javed Akhtar were marvellous.
It makes such a smooth hearing, creating a pleasant mood. Being a devotional song, this one has been on my play list continuously for the past few days.




Here's another video of the same song with English subtitles.



However, a rough English transliteration is provided below:

Man Mohana (O lord Krishna)
Man mohana, man mohana (O lord Krishna)

Kanha suno na, tum bin paaon kaise chain
(Oh lord Krishna listen, how do I find peace without you?)

Tarsoo tumhi ko din rain (I crave for you day and night)
Chodke apne kashi mathura (Leave your Kashi mathura behind)
Aake baso more nain (And come and dwell in my eyes)

Tum bin paaon kaise chain (How do I find peace without you?)

Tarsoo tumhi ko din rain (I crave for you day and night)

Verse 1

Ik pal ujiyaara aaye, ik pal andhiyara chaye
(One instant its is brightness, the other moment its all darkness)
Man kyu na ghabraye, kaise na ghabraye
(Why wont the heart fear, how wouldn’t it be anxious)
Man jo koi doraha apni raho mein paaye
(When the mind is on the crossroads)
Koun disha jaaye? Tum bin koun samjhaye
(Which path to follow? Who other than you would explain?)

Raas rachaiyya vrindavan ke gokul ke vaasi
(The dancer, the one who resides in the vrindavan(Forest) of gokul)
Radha tumhri daasi (Radha is your servant)
Darshan ko hai pyaasi (Shes craving to see you)

Verse 2
Shyam salone nandlala Krishna banva ri
(The dark skinned, lovely , soulful Krishna)
Tumhri chab hai nyaari (Your form is gorgeous)
Main to hoon tan man haari (I have surrenderd my body and soul)
Man mohana man mohana (O lord krishna. O lord Krishna)

Kanha suno na tum bin paaon kaise chain
(Oh lord listen, how do I find peace without you?)
Tarsoo tumhi ko din rain (I crave for you day and night)

Verse 3
Jeevan ik nadiyaa hain, lehro lehro behti jaaye
(Life is a river, its waves flow on and on)
Is mein man ki naiyya doobey kabhi tar jaaye
(The heart’s ship sometimes gets drowned sometimes it is saved)
Tum na khevaiyya ho to koi tat kaise paaye
(If you are not the guide, then how will one reach their destination)
Majhdhaar dehlaaye, toh tumri sharan aaye
(If the waves get turbulent, then we come in your refuge)

Main hoon tumhari, hain tumhara mera yeh jeevan
(Im yours, and my life is yours)
Tumko hi dekhoon main, dekhoon koi darpan
(I see only you in every reflection)
Bansi ban jaaongi, in hoton ki ho jaaongi
(I’ll become a flute and belong to these lips of yours)
In sapno se jalthal hain mera man aangan
(In the flood of these dreams, lie my heart's territory)

Source: forum.jodhaakbar.com Thanks to Smita.

No comments: