Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Save the Garuda birds from extinction ...



I am very helpful to you,
Now I am on the brink of extinction mind you
I soar high in the sky in search of food,
I clean the Earth from the dirt as you understand
Clear sight and high flight
Carcass is my food just right
Parsees need me for their dead
You can save me from my last breathe
Jatayu was my king in Ramayana epic
I save you from the danger of epidemic.
Day by day my population is in down-trend
I am the blessing to the Eco-system and your friend
I know you hate me, as I eat carcass
I am the cleansing agent of the Earth’s surface
Vulture is my name; I belong to Gyps family
Eagle, Hawk, Buzzard belong to my family
Diclofenac is the killer drug for me
Do not use it please save me, please save me
Population of yours are increasing fast
Industrialization and deforestation are vast
We are in loss of food and loss of habitat
Now their will be ‘Tit For Tat’
You live and let us live
We can make the world wonderful place to live.

By
Sonali Patnaik

Taken from here: http://www.bolokids.com/2008/0538.htm

More information about Garuda birds here: http://news.boloji.com/200701/00770.htm

No comments: